Wednesday 23 June 2010

Best Actor 1976: Results

5. Sylvester Stallone in Rocky- Stallone simply is Rocky and makes for an endearing hero for us to root for.
4. William Holden in Network- Holden is effective in the film and is one of most human part of it, I just wish he had a little more to do.
3. Robert De Niro in Taxi Driver- De Niro gives an effective portrayal of his character's troubled state.
2.Giancarlo Giannini in Seven Beauties- He is just perfect in a bizarre role, and someone makes his lowlife of a character likable. He never falters once with his complicated character.
1. Peter Finch in Network- Finch here is brilliant every time he is on screen and energizes his film every time he appears. He makes Howard Beale the most memorable part of a very memorable film.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that surprised me...

I think mine would be:

1. Robert DeNiro - 5/5
2. Peter Finch - 5/5
3. Giancarlo Giannini - 4/5
4. William Holden - 4/5
5. Sylvester Stallone - 2/5

joe burns said...

I'm really surprised. I thought Giannini would be second and Finch would be first, but I guess I was wrong! Can you do 96 or 2003 next?

Louis Morgan said...

I am not surprised that your surprised since I was surprised myself. I was sure I would pick Finch but that was before I watched Seven Beauties. I'll do one of those two next Joe.

dinasztie said...

Do you have a link to Seven Beauties perhaps? I've become very interested. Anyway great year, great reviews.

Louis Morgan said...

Thanks. The best I have is this http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6900500320146403660#

Its an over dubbed version though and not the best way to watch it.